Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Chest (Plus a Message to All of You)


Story: You walk into the room It's old, very, very old. Almost everything has been stolen or taken. You look around, there's a chair, a hardwood table, some candleholders that were obviously held onto the wall to tightly for any thieves to remove, some cobwebs, a few scraps of paper, and then there was the chest.


.


Instructions: Describe the chest, is it old or is it new? Has it always been there or did someone put it there? What does it look like? Fancy, with intricate carvings or plane and simple? Is it big?


.


Why is it there? Why hasn't someone taken it? Is it too heavy to take? Or maybe it's in the ground and is part of the room.


.


Do you open the chest? If you do, is it easy to open, or does it take a lot of effort? What's inside it? Is there anything inside it? If you don't open it, why is that? Is it locked? Did someone interrupt you? Or did you just feel like you shouldn't do it.


.


That's it, go!


.


.


Message Time


There hasn't been very many prompts recently, definitely a lost less than a prompt every day, so I'm going to try and post at least one prompt a day every day from now on. Until I either lose interest (which hopefully won't happen) or I run out of ideas (also hopefully not going to happen). They may be in the form of an image with some text, maybe a song or maybe something completely different. Some of them may not be very good, but I feel that with prompts, it's better to have lots of ideas that might not be that good, rather than a few very good ones. So yeah, if I don't get one up every day then I apologise, but I have a life and sometimes it gets in the way (note, that was in no way intended as an insult.) If I do miss a day then I'll try and make up for it with at least 2 the next day, but that just might not happen.


.


There hasn't been many replies lately either, and while we aren't exactly a big sub, we do have over 3,500 subscribers and there must be more who of you who don't subscribe. Of course not all of them will check the subreddit frequently, but there is probably quite a few of you who do (rhyming FTW!) You might not all consider yourself to be good writers, but it doesn't matter. If a prompt gives you an idea, then you should write about it and post it in a reply, even if you think it's bad. If it is bad, then we can give you tips on how to improve it, turning you into a better writer. There's no harm in trying. We're all friendly here (At least from what I've seen), and I know that I'd be willing to provide feedback if people requested it, and I'm sure many others would too.


.


This subreddit is cool, but if we try, we can make it awesome. We are all writers, after all, you wouldn't have much interest in this sub if you weren't. If you aren't a writer, then I encourage you to become one. Writing's fun, and everyone should try it, no matter how bad you think you are. Almost everyone sucked at writing at one point, I know I did. But you can't improve if you don't try, so just give it a go!


.


Ok, that's it from me, sorry for that lengthy message, but I really want to turn this subreddit into the epicness that I know it can be.


And remember, keep on writing!



submitted by Mad_Cowboy

[link] [comment]



via Get your daily fix http://www.reddit.com/r/promptoftheday/comments/1d36qw/the_chest_plus_a_message_to_all_of_you/

No comments:

Post a Comment