Saturday, June 8, 2013

[CONT] Rites of Passage


I have finally advanced to the stage where I am now eligible to attempt The Trials. I stand alone at one end of the great hall. Columns flank each side of the vast chamber, my classmates peering from behind them to watch the coming spectacle. I will either rise in triumph or fall from grace in the struggle. Only the fates know which will come to pass.


The flickering torchlight reveals a tall figure dressed in flowing black robes standing at the far end of the hall. He bears no weapons, yet his power is unmistakable. My mind is filled with arcane knowledge of the elements, trying to anticipate and form a plan of action.


"Prepare to defend yourself, young mage." he intones as he raises his hand towards me.


The contest begins...



submitted by SurvivorType

[link] [comment]



via Get your daily fix http://www.reddit.com/r/promptoftheday/comments/1fy6vw/cont_rites_of_passage/

No comments:

Post a Comment