Friday, January 4, 2013

[W.I.N.T.E.R.] This was Theme Tursdays Prompt, I really liked this, I hope you do too...


When I Need To Erase Reality…


W.I.N.T.E.R.


The season of death,


pruning,


quiet,


contemplation…


Winter is when the blanket of white eclipses all that was impure,


burying demons beneath the snow allowing me time to contemplate their being


before the ice caps melt and they show their faces once again.


Winter is the pause in my existence,


the board is white washed, leaving nothingness in its wake.


It is blank, staring me in the face with its emptiness,


a place of endless possibilities and minefields of disappointment.


I breathe in the icy stillness and exhale dreams of spring.


The flowers await their renewal underneath the the hard packed snow.


I whisper my fears as my breath makes fog before my face.


I live in the the nothingness that lingers between the seasons of death and rebirth.


The starkness confuses me,


blindly I walk in the direction my heart sends me.


I yearn for direction.


I blaze a path in the virgin snow.


The flakes blot out space and time.


I am in limbo


Freeze frame


Nothing moves


It is just me with a trail of foot prints


The only proof that I am here


The isolation soothes as it terrifies


The stillness is tranquil


Peace envelops me


Blotting out necessity


When I need to erase reality


I dream of


Winter…


This poem © MoodyMommi Published Jan 3, 2013 http://www.moodymommi.com



submitted by MultitaskingMom

[link] [1 comment]



via Get your daily fix http://www.reddit.com/r/promptoftheday/comments/15ywne/winter_this_was_theme_tursdays_prompt_i_really/

No comments:

Post a Comment