Saturday, December 22, 2012

/r/promptoftheday: best of 2012, and the year in review


It's been a curious year with you all. With the founding moderators having stopped their submissions sometime in January of last year, I started submitting prompts sometime in February, eventually gaining control of the subreddit sometime in May/June. Then I myself stopped submitting regularly once I left for China, and I'm well aware that I need to get my brain back into actively writing again.


But you're all still here, more or less. I regularly receive stories in my inbox from people digging through old posts, and I do read through all of them, even if I don't comment on them. We've got an interesting relationship here, believe me, but I'll stick around, if you all will.


With that being said, this year, the collective reddit admins have decided to give us various moderators the ability to give reddit gold for various winners in categories we decide on; decentralization is the way of the future, apparently.


And so, here are your categories:




  1. Best prompt submitted in the past year (from someone other than myself)




  2. Best response to a prompt this year




Aside from it being a way to get the community involved, for us personally, it's a way for others to look back and discover old posts, and "hidden gems" in the subreddit, stories others might have otherwise overlooked.


Leave your nominations in the comments below, and I'll be handing out the awards (a month of reddit gold to each of the winners) sometime next week!


Oh, and prompt forthcoming, too.



submitted by legoland12342

[link] [2 comments]



via Get your daily fix http://www.reddit.com/r/promptoftheday/comments/15b80l/rpromptoftheday_best_of_2012_and_the_year_in/

No comments:

Post a Comment