Sunday, September 23, 2012

Photo negative


So, quite obviously, my hope for the next week (that I'd be able to post a prompt every day, no worries) fell through, leaving all of you high and dry in terms of actual writing material. I'm not sure how many people are still regularly around, though I do get stories in my inbox every now and then, making it a point to read them, even if I don't offer any criticism myself.


Anyway, for this prompt, I'm going to send you along a journey that I've currently been encapsulated by myself. That is, I was struck with a bizarre amount of inspiration this morning, and have set to work on my next (longer) short story.


Today, write about an amateur avant-garde film director, who shot, produced, and edited the entire film themselves. In the meantime, however, splice sections of the film that are playing with other scenes, of other people, perhaps from the film, perhaps from other characters' points of view. At the end, use the film once more in order to unite both storylines.


Sound sufficiently confusing? As you can see, it's got a bit of work yet, but I've got high hopes for you all as writers, though we all come and go from time to time, we've all ended up here for a reason, if not by choice. I hope you enjoy!



submitted by legoland12342

[link] [comment]



via Get your daily fix http://www.reddit.com/r/promptoftheday/comments/10c8d0/photo_negative/

No comments:

Post a Comment